(I did not include the names of those who made these statements for us to bash them or even focus on them at all… so please let us not turn this into a war against these speakers.)
I did this study because of Lev 5:1 which is mosaic law but helpful in this Christian walk. It says, If you sin by not stepping up and offering yourself as a witness to something you’ve heard or seen in cases of wrongdoing, you’ll be held responsible.)
I just have ONE rule. DO NOT GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN!!! (1 Corinthians 4:6Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.)
1) “Poverty is from the devil and God wants all Christians prosperous (Financially).” (Benny Hinn, TBN, 11/6/90)
2) “God not only wants to deliver believers from poverty, (Kenneth Hagin) “He [also] wants His children to eat the best, He wants them to wear the best clothing, He wants them to drive the best cars, and He wants them to have the best of everything.” (Quoted by D.L. McConnell A Different Gospel p.175) Fred Price agrees and boldly says, “That’s the reason why I drive a Rolls Royce.” “Ever Increasing Faith program, TBN Dec.9, 1990)
3) “Financial prosperity is just as much a part of the Gospel as anything else. …And I’m going to tell you something right now. I’m with the Apostle Paul in Romans chapter one: I’m not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, …I’m not ashamed of prosperity. I’m not ashamed that Jesus bought and paid for me to be wealthy….Let me just tell you from the heart of God, preachers are supposed to be rich.” (Marcus Bishop, Praise The Lord Telethon, November 2, 1998).
4) People in a chant repeated several times, “MONEY come unto me NOW, MONEY come unto me NOW.” etc. -As he acted out pulling it in to his person.- (Creflo Dollar and Kenneth Copeland, Dec.4, 1999 Voice of Victory telecast)
5) ” God is coming back for a church without spot or blemish so he is not coming back to a church in debt…this revival must take place before Jesus can come back he cannot come back for a broke church, he cannot come back for a sick church, he cannot come back for a church that is in debt that would be against his word, I’m coming back for a glorious church, without spot or wrinkle so that means there’s going to be some quick transference going on.” (Creflo Dollar, Changing your World, Mar.27, 2000)
6) The very first thing on Jesus` agenda was to get rid of poverty! Would you like to know why some people, including ministries, never get out of poverty? Its not because they aren’t smart. Its not because they don’t have windows of opportunity. Its because they’re not anointed. If you’re not anointed, poverty will follow you all the days of your life. His first objective was to get rid of poverty.” (Jesse Duplantis, Nov. 1997 Voice of the Covenant magazine p.5)
7) “You will walk in blessings, favor, prosperity, health and wealth, and you will do this without having to pursue wealth. First you must seek God’s method of operation and His righteousness. When you find out how to live your life according to the Word of God you will become a money magnet.” “Well, you need to hear about money, because you ain’t gonna have no love and joy and peace until you get some money!” (Creflo Dollar, Praise the Lord, July 20, 1999)
8 ) “JESUS IS NOT SICK – I DON’T HAVE TO BE SICK.” If I said that for you to live from paycheck to paycheck is to deny the power of the gospel, many of you would get angry. In Luke 4:18 … Notice there was an anointing to preach good news to the poor. A lot of people don’t like to look at that because good news to a poor man is that he doesn’t have to be poor anymore. Yet over 90% of the church of Jesus Christ are living in absolute financial bondage. All the while, Jesus is saying, ‘I’ve been anointed to preach the good news to the poor.’ … You have held back the flow. You have denied the perpetual propulsion of power that could deliver you from not only sin and sickness but from the horrible stench of poverty.” (Rod Parsley, God’s Answer to Insufficient Funds. 1992, pp. 46-47.)
9) “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, “now here are both of those laws functioning he sent me. … the Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to preach the gospel, that’s the law of the spirit of the life in Christ Jesus, to the poor . That comes under the law of sin and death. Poverty came into this place when sin came into this place, poverty will kill ya! He sent me to heal, that’s under the law of spirit of life in the anointed one and in his anointing, the broken hearted, that’s the law of sin and death. And the anointing takes authority and dominates.”… God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the holy ghost and power who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, he walked about being the jubilee, in fact he preached the acceptable year of the Lord, That’s the jubilee. So he was our jubilee he said poor man you don’t have to be poor anymore, I’m here, all they had to believe is that he was anointed.(Everyone who is poor who believes is to be rich)”( Copeland and B. Hinn conversation This is your Day Aug 9,1999)
10) “What if Jesus had never been born? Israel would still be under the Law of Moses, heaven would be unpopulated with humans. Man was rich beyond his wildest imagination before he was ever created. He was born into the right family. (laughs) Yeah, he was born where the money was, brother. He was born in a place created just for him. Wasn’t created for anybody else. Just- think of that-just for me. Not many Christians have the guts to believe that.” (KennethCopleland, John Hagees Church (with Rick Godwin on one side of the stage and Hagee on the other) Aug. 18,1999)
11) “Well, now, you need balance in this, get out there in that hyper faith. That name-it-and-claim-it- that blab-it-and-grab-it.” YEAH! We named it and claimed it and got it. (crowd cheers)-We Blabbed it and grabbed it and still got it ! Hallelujah! And our bills are paid.” (Kenneth Copeland, John Hagee’s Church, Aug. 18,1999 LeSea)
12) “There are people ready to pray with you come into agreement and see the power of God released but faith is being unlocked the power of God, you are going to improvise your way into your future, your money is in your mouth” in the name of Jesus receive your miracle right now.” (Mark Chirronna,Aug. 3,1999 TBN)
13) “I’m talkin’ about your money. You know one of the greatest things that is going to happen in the year 2,000 were about to see the church rise up with a revelation that only this generation has ever been given of Gods word concerning high finances in the kingdom of God. And we are just about to see the greatest transfer of wealth out of the hand of the wicked into the hand of the just.” (Rob Parsley, Jan.7,2000 Breakthrough)
14) “I do believe you know wealth in a sense is like energy you can’t destroy it, its just transferred, and I believe in a great economic collapse. The wealth of the world will not destroyed it will be transferred, and I believe a lot of it will be transferred to the believers.” (Rick Joyce, CBN Jan. 3, 2000)
15) “The wicked are piling up the funds and I love the way john teaches on this. He’s the best there is when it comes to teaching you on how to get the wealth of the wicked. Man, I like it.” (B.Hinn Praise-a-thon TBN Nov.6 1990)
16) “Say after me, all of you, everybody say it, ‘The wealth of the wicked is mine.’ [The audience repeats.] One more time, (The audience repeats) One more time. (The audience repeats it again)” (Praise-a-Thon, TBN, April 1990)
17) “look the devil right in the face … and take it all back, get violent.” (R.W. Shambach, LeSea Jan.15, 2000)
Prov. 23:1-5: “When you sit down to eat with a ruler, consider carefully what is before you; And put a knife to your throat if you are a man given to appetite. Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food. Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease! Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away like an eagle toward heaven.”
Mt.6:19-21: “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; “but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Jesus heart was on heavenly things and doing his fathers will and so should ours. One day the people who thought it was Gods promise to make them wealthy may be in heaven and find that they did not store up treasures for eternal life but for their luxury living on earth.
Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Luke 16:9 My disciples, I tell you to use WICKED wealth to make friends for yourselves. Then when it is gone, you will be welcomed into an eternal home. (the adjective God used to describe money even in a scripture he tells us to use it is WICKED. Many people get confused by this because its like, why would God want us to use something he calls wicked.That is when we have to remember Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. and 1Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.)